[Samba] problem with wbinfo

arno arno at ip-worldcom.ch
Thu Sep 29 13:06:17 GMT 2005

Hello,
I'm having some trouble with samba 3.0.14a and wbinfo:
all the test with wbinfo -t, wbinfo -m, wbinfo -u and -g
are successful
but when I try to test a username it failed:

bash-2.05# wbinfo -a domain\\bj%xxxx
plaintext password authentication failed
error code was NT_STATUS_TRUSTED_DOMAIN_FAILURE
(0xc000018c)
error messsage was: Trusted domain failure
Could not authenticate user domain\\bj%xxxx with plaintext
password
challenge/response password authentication failed
error code was NT_STATUS_TRUSTED_DOMAIN_FAILURE
(0xc000018c)
error messsage was: Trusted domain failure
Could not authenticate user domain\\bj with
challenge/response

And when I'm using squid (that mean with ntlm_auth) it's
working fine.
Here is the config of smb.conf

[global]
         workgroup = D-CI3
         server string = penelope proxy %v
         security = DOMAIN
         password server = 10.17.12.56 10.17.12.57
         client NTLMv2 auth = Yes
         client lanman auth = No
         client plaintext auth = No
         name resolve order = wins host