[Samba] Can Samba be used to push out updates and hotfixes to client PC's

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Sep 29 11:15:13 GMT 2005

Douglas Phillipson schrieb:

 > I have the Official Samba 3 and Samba-3 by example books, although
not the second edition copies.  But I can't seem to find out how to push
out patches and hotfixes with Samba.  Is this not possible at this time?

 > I don't have a lot of experience with Windows but I am going to have
to deal with this issue soon.

For Windows patches and hotfixes I'd use Windowsupdate - then they will
be downloaded and installed automatically.

If you wan't to update some other programs (like Adobe, Firefox,
Thunderbird etc.), you can use WPKG - http://wpkg.org (you can use it
for Windows updates/hotfixes, too).

With that tool you can "push" updates, patches, install, uninstall and
upgrade software, set printers, execute scripts (with Administrator or
SYSTEM privileges; don't confuse with netlogon scripts, which are
executed with user permissions), change permissions etc. to/on single
hosts or to a group of hosts.

--
Tomek