[Samba] different logon path for different users - local profiles for a few users only - how?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Wed Sep 28 09:14:54 GMT 2005

I would like to have roaming profiles for one group of users (student1,
student2), and local profiles for another group of users (Joe, Mary).

Is it possible with Samba?

 From what I've tested, one can use either roaming profiles with a
setting similar to the one below:

logon path = \\%L\profiles\%G\%U

Or local profiles, using the logon path empty:

logon path =

I have no clue how to specify the logon path for certain users only.

I use Samba 3.0.14a (PDC) with OpenLDAP backend.

--
Tomek
http://wpkg.org