[Samba] Excel problem with samba 3.0.4 and 3.0.10

xuan van xuan_van at credence.com
Tue Sep 27 16:24:51 GMT 2005

I applied the fix for my test system running SunOS 2.9 + samba 3.0.10 on
a ufs file system.
I've done the following:

# umount /export/home
# mount -o noatime /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s7 /export/home
# ls -lu /export/home/TEST.xls -> record access time
# ls -l /export/home/TEST.xls  -> record modification time

 From PC , I accessed and opened/closed the exel file TEST.xls.
modification time got updated ,not access time. So far I have
tried Exel 2000 and Exel 2003. I verified that "autosave" was
disabled but the file's timestamp still got updated. Any idea?!

Thanks,

Xuan