[Samba] Free space/capacity displayed as garbage...

samba samba at nuonsoft.com
Tue Sep 27 17:52:31 GMT 2005

Dear,

I'm having some strange problems with Samba.
I have shared a linux folder on my samba and have mapped it to a drive letter in Windows XP (I also tried with Windows 2000).
When I right click my mapped drive and click on properties to view the free space and capacity, I get all garbage as can be seen
from the screenshot at:
http://www.nuonsoft.com/temp/samba_free_space.jpg
I'm running the latest version 3.0.20 and it is running on AlphaCore which is Fedora Core 3 for the Alpha (64 bit platform). It
compiled without problems with gcc 3.4.3. Because of this issue, I'm unable to use my samba network share from programs that check
the freespace before doing something, like for example creating a cd image.
Any help will be appreciated.

My smb.conf is as follows:
[global]
workgroup = GREGOIRE
server string = Alpha Server
printcap name = cups
cups options = raw
log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
max log size = 50
socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192
dns proxy = no
winbind uid = 16777216-33554431
winbind gid = 16777216-33554431
restrict anonymous = no
domain master = no
preferred master = no
max protocol = NT
ldap ssl = No
server signing = Auto
username map = /etc/samba/smbusers

[homes]
comment = Home Directories
browseable = no
read only = no

[printers]
comment = All Printers
path = /var/spool/samba
printable = yes
printer name = EPSPHOTO
guest ok = yes

[mydocs]
case sensitive = no
guest ok = yes
msdfs proxy = no
read only = no
path = /mydocs

Some more system info:
[root at alpha ~]# smbd --version
Version 3.0.20
[root at alpha ~]# nmbd --version
Version 3.0.20
[root at alpha ~]# uname -a
Linux alpha 2.6.11-1.1180axp_FC3 #1 Mon Apr 18 11:34:15 EEST 2005 alpha alpha alpha GNU/Linux

If you need other system information, please ask.

Kind Regards,
Marc

--
Marc Gregoire