[Samba] Tree connect failed: ERRDOS - ERRnomem

colin ingram synergymus at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 04:00:43 GMT 2005

I recently couldn't connect to a windowXP domain share from a winXP
client.(Samba is the PDC) When I attempted to mount the share from the samba
server this is the error I got.

colin at Alfalfa:~/oakwood$ smbmount //buckwheat/share buckwheat/
Password:
6586: tree connect failed: ERRDOS - ERRnomem (Insufficient server memory to
perform the requested function.)

colin at Alfalfa:~/oakwood$ smbmount -v
Usage: mount.smbfs service mountpoint [-n] [-o options,...]
Version 3.0.14a-Debian

colin at Alfalfa:~/oakwood$ uname -a
Linux Alfalfa 2.6.8-2005.05.31 #1 Tue May 31 18:00:26 CDT 2005 i686
GNU/Linux

colin at Alfalfa:~/oakwood$ free
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 516236 513016 3220 0 7808 312980
-/+ buffers/cache: 192228 324008
Swap: 979956 327440 652516

A few mins later after I restarted the afflicted client I got this:

colin at Alfalfa:~/oakwood$ smbmount //buckwheat/share buckwheat/
Password:
6641: session setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)
SMB connection failed

windows gives: \\buckwheat\share is not accessible. You might not have
permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this
server to find out if you have access permissions. Not enough server storage
is available to process this command.

or

\\buckwheat\share is not accessible. You might not have permission to use
this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out
if you have access permissions. The network path is unavailable

I can connect to shares on both the server and other clients from the
afflicted systems. Amazingly this doesn't produce any message in my samba
logs. Any Idea whats going on here?