[Samba] help

Gary Dale garydale at torfree.net
Tue Sep 27 03:09:40 GMT 2005

You have to be using XP Professional, not XP Home, to be able to log
into the Samba server. However, either version can allow you to access
shares and printers on the Samba server.

The simplest way to proceed is to use SWAT. Install it if you don't have
it. If you are running XP Professional, use the SWAT wizard to set up
your Samba server as a domain controller. If not, use the Password
section to create and enable user accounts for each Windows user. Then
use it to create shares.