[Samba] Password change caused lose X flag

Li, Ying (ESG) ying.li2 at hp.com
Fri Sep 23 19:45:19 GMT 2005

Hello,

I have a question with password never expired flag during changing
password.

If X flag for password never expired has been set in account flags for a
user, password change would cause to lose the X flags. By taking a look
at the code of the line 993 in passdb/passdb.c, it said all other acb
flags will be inherited from current existing account ctrl bit, except
for (ACB_WSTRUST|ACB_DOMTRUST|ACB_SVRTRUST|ACB_NORMAL). So I assume the
attribute ACB_PWNOEXP should present during changing password.

However, actually, when a password is changed, the attribute disappears,
so that administrator have to reset the attribute for all users. I just
want to know this behavior is a bug or by design.

Thanks in advance.
-Ying