[Samba] Samba with Mysql, compilation problem.

Pierre MARTIN hickscorp at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 12:57:05 GMT 2005

Hello Collen!

I am actually making serious searchs in the configure script. Here is
WHATEVER i give as mysql input args, the compilation output:

Compiling passdb/secrets.c
Compiling passdb/machine_sid.c
Compiling locking/locking.c
Compiling locking/brlock.c
Compiling locking/posix.c
Compiling passdb/pdb_get_set.c
Compiling passdb/passdb.c
Compiling passdb/pdb_interface.c
Compiling passdb/util_sam_sid.c
Compiling passdb/pdb_compat.c
Compiling passdb/lookup_sid.c
Compiling passdb/login_cache.c
Compiling passdb/pdb_ldap.c
Compiling passdb/pdb_nds.c
Compiling passdb/pdb_smbpasswd.c
Compiling passdb/pdb_tdb.c
Compiling passdb/pdb_guest.c
Compiling passdb/pdb_sql.c
Compiling lib/system_smbd.c

As you can see here, nevermind if i ask for static, shared or magic-cookied
mysql plugin, it NEVER gets to compile it!
So there should be a misstake in some Makefile or rule file, the problem is
at compilation-time!

I will try to get the 3.0.11 from somewhere (I did not find it at the link
you gave me that is why i took 3.0.09).

Please, if you know somebody who can make the change in the makefile
scripts, tell me, or if i can get a way to compile pdb_mysql.c alone, i'm
interested too. I think now it is pointless to play arround with configure
script parametters, because it doesn't propagate correctly directives to the
compilation makefiles.

N.B.: The path to be given to the configure script seems to be the path to
mysql_config BINARY, in the configure script is made a call to it with
parametters to get the include path... So don't tell anymore people to
symlink if they have compiled from source, just tell the configure script to
ask the binary program "mysql_config" (in configure script get the lines
with $MYSQL_CONFIG $mysqlconf_args --cflags | sed -e "s/'//g") ...

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help, i am a bit closer to find a solution
now!
I'll try tonight to get the v.11 and your advices in action :)

And, when you say if samba complains about not finding the plugin, it does
since the begining :O What chmod right 755 are you talking about, i mean on
what file?

Thanks!
Pierre