RES: [Samba] ACLs with Problem

Luis Henrique de Faria Guimarães henrique at ecp.org.br
Fri Sep 23 12:39:10 GMT 2005

Hi Greg,
Really, the first step to install filesystem it with support ACL.  It looks at my archive:
LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults,acl    1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
LABEL=/data             /data                   ext3    defaults,acl    1 2
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/cciss/c0d0p2       swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
/dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy             auto    noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0

My server samba is integrated with the server windows 2003 (PDC). The server samba is using the users of windows 2003, catching using the way winbind.
When I try to change the permissions of an file of the server samba, in my workstation I appear a message "Denied Access". I perceived that windows also does not obtain to catch the extendidas permissions when I modified for the server linux.
It looks at some parameters of my smb.conf:
nt acl support = Yes
acl compatibility = win2k
acl map full control = yes
acl check permissions = no