[Samba] Windows Vista Setup

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Sep 23 01:30:15 GMT 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-23 at 09:07 +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
> On Friday 23 September 2005 06:33, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 10:49 +0200, valentin at rtfs.org wrote:
> >> I am currently running a Gentoo with a 2.4 Kernel and Samba 3.0.20.
> >> More exactly I did emerge the net-fs/samba-3.0.20-rc1 package.
> >> Still I cant get Windows Vista to connect to the samba-server. I
> >> did some googling but didnt find anything usefull. Can anyone help?
> >> Do I have to setup a ADS with samba?
>
> > Samba 3.0.21 will contain the fix, as does current SVN.  I didn't see
> > it in the list for 3.0.20a, sorry.

It looks like my fix made it in, I just missed the merge.

> Ah, the ritual breaking of existing software with every major release.
> Can't just dump an old tradition, y'know? Imagine what that would do to
> revenues.

:-)

But in all seriousness, Samba3 just didn't implement this area correctly
and as such was more delicate than I would have preferred.  In Samba4 I
have reworked this area extensively, so hopefully we won't get caught on
the hop as much in future.

Andrew Bartlett