[Samba] Re: ACLs with Problem

paul kölle paul at subsignal.org
Thu Sep 22 16:14:57 GMT 2005

Luis Henrique de Faria Guimarães wrote:
> With this configuration the users of the PDC (windows 2003) are authenticantion way telnet
> without problem.  However, the ACL do not function.  They see the exit with command getfacl teste.txt:
>
> [root at redfree teste]# getfacl teste.txt
> # file: teste.txt
> # owner: root
> # group: Domain Users
> user::rwx
> user:henrique:rw-
> group::r--
> mask::rw-
> other::r--
Can you please describe what you expected to see here and why?

> The user henrique appears in linux, but he does not appear in windows.
Then I'd say he's a linux user and not from AD via winbind right?

> When I try to add permissions through windows appears a message of "denied access".
If that is a "correct" result largely depends which user is logged in to
the windows workstation. It would be helpful if you set samba to a
moderate debug level, and provide the relevant logs generated when the
desired operation(s) fail.

hth
 Paul