[Samba] AD Authentication help please?

Jason Gerfen jason.gerfen at scl.utah.edu
Wed Sep 21 18:09:33 GMT 2005

Strange, I guess that is my misunderstanding of the how it aquires the
list of users when running a wbinfo -u command.

Yep, here is the output:

jason at odin-newb:~> sudo net ads join -U Admin at domain.com
Admin at domain.com's password: xxxxxx
Using short domain name -- DOMAIN.COM
Joined 'ODIN-NEWB' to realm 'DOMAIN.COM'

And when I check to see if it is avialable within Active Directory
(member server of Win2k domain) I can clearly see the
CN=odin-newb,cn=computers,dc=domain,dc=com listed in the appropriate
container.

My problem at this point is the only users I can view are in a different
container.  You say you can view all users for all containers right?

Well after joining the domain the first time I followed the samba3-howto
and attempted to point to a container of users and now those are the
only ones I can view.

http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/domain-member.html#ads-create-machine-account

I am sorry about any confusion.

--
Jason Gerfen
Student Computing Labs, University Of Utah
jason.gerfen at scl.utah.edu

J. Willard Marriott Library
295 S 1500 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84112-0860
801-585-9810

"My girlfriend threated to
 leave me if I went boarding...
 I will miss her."