[Samba] RE: Active DNS registration on join realm?

Arup Biswas abiswas at pillardata.com
Wed Sep 21 00:05:44 GMT 2005

Thanks, Andrew, I appreciate it.

-Arup

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Bartlett [mailto:abartlet at samba.org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 4:55 PM
To: Arup Biswas
Cc: samba-technical at lists.samba.org; samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: Re: Active DNS registration on join realm?

On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 11:49 -0700, Arup Biswas wrote:
> Dear Samba members,
>

> I am wondering if on joining a realm (with security=ADS),  samba 3.x
> server gets automatically registered with MS Dynamic DNS server. My
> test with Samba 3.0.14a on linux did not reveal any such capability.
> But may be because I did not use the correct option? I would
appreciate any help.

Tridge had an example perl script that handled this, but it's not part
of Samba directly.  I know he was trying to get a maintainer for it, but
I don't know what happened in the end.

It belongs partly with the ip-up scripts of the OS, because the idea is
to modify the DNS entry based on IP address changes, not always when
samba is or is not started.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett