[Samba] Permissions not recursive on win2K?

Larry McElderry larry at ptcoupling.com
Tue Sep 20 22:02:08 GMT 2005

There are probably other (better) methods,  but one is:

Pick a file on the file system in question and try the command
attr -g aa FileName

If EA's are support you'll get a message saying "No data found" (unless you actually have an attribute named aa),  otherwise it will
report "Operation not supported".

You could also try xfsdump.   For further reading: man -k xattr

For samba to use them I believe you also have to have "ea support = Yes" in your smb.conf.