[Samba] Two Locations, One Domain - LDAP Auth Failure

Andy samba at andrewsmith.plus.com
Tue Sep 20 14:31:29 GMT 2005

>has the user the sambasid attribute? Is it filled? did you use smbldap-tools?

Ah ha, just found myself a nice GUI LDAP browser... user 'andy' has no samba-related properties. The 'root' user *does* have samba
properties and I found I could access ALPHA using these credentials.

So my problem is the correct creation of user accounts. I've just gone back and re-read the document - turns out I was using:
   smbldap-useradd -m username
to add users, but this only adds POSIX accounts, not samaba accounts. The correct command is:
   smbldap-useradd -a -m -c "User Name" username

Now on to set up a slave LDAP directory and BDC... no doubt I'll be posting to this list again a little later ;-)

Thanks for your guidance!

Regards,

Andy