[Samba] Delete one or both of two identical printers

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Mon Sep 19 14:02:41 GMT 2005

I normally have two print spools that are named differently but pointing to
the same printer with different options flags set.  While doing some
maintenance on the spools (setting the driver mainly) the printers became
named the same, the name of the printer driver.  Now I have two printers
that are identical so that I no longer have separate spools.  I would like
to know how I can clear these two spools off without losing the rest of the
printer data held on the server.  I'm fine losing the settings on these two
printers, but I don't want to have to set the rest back up.

I see that there is an addprinter command in rpcclient, but no delprinter.

Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.
Systems Architect               Fax:    701-281-1322