[Samba] any known issue with printing from MS Access ?

Paul Griffith paulg at cs.yorku.ca
Mon Sep 19 12:49:19 GMT 2005

On Sun, Sep 18, 2005 at 04:20:07PM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Ilia Chipitsine wrote:
>
> |> MS Access is known to have issues with certain drivers
> |> if they have not been initialized on the server properly.
> |>

> | so, MS Access wants something from samba which it
> | cannot do at all ?
>
> No. But I think you both need to re-read the documentation
> on printing in the Samba-HOWTO0-Collection to really understand
> what a non-initialized driver is.  If you have read that and
> it still doesn't make sense, then I will try to clarify.
>

> cheers, jerry

Sounds like a problem I am having with Adobe Reader v7. Every other program
can print to our Ricoh printer, but the way AcroReader calls
spoolsv.exe results in a ACCESS DENIED error code on
\\pcserver\printer_name

So I will re-read the documentation on printing in the
Samba-HOWTO0-Collection.

Thanks
Paul