[Samba] SSO Samba/AD integration

Bruno Guerreiro bruno.guerreiro at ine.pt
Thu Sep 15 14:21:47 GMT 2005

Hi,
/bin/false prevents a user from logging to the machine, while allowing it to
athenticate... You can use shares which are located in your samba server,
access via FTP,etc. Just can't logon to the machine itself
Not sure about this one ( don't use AD), but have you tried setting this:

template shell = (whatever shel you want normally /bin/bash)

>From man smb.conf:

       template shell (G)
              When filling out the user information for a Windows NT user,
the winbindd(8) daemon uses this parameter to fill in the login shell  for
that
              user.

              No default

Best Regards,