[Samba] XP Profile write ok, no read.

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Thu Sep 15 13:23:42 GMT 2005

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 05:08:21PM +0200, Louis van Belle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I still have a problem with samba and profiles.
> The profile is correctly written to the profile share.
> but when i logon a other computer, logon takes ages..

And when you express ages in secondes,
how many seconds are we talking about?

> and im unable to do anything registry is locked for example.
> ( see logs below )
> when i copy the network profile to the local computer there
> is no problem. ( because the local profile is used )

How large is profile?

  <snip> configuration, logging & other information </snip>

There was no information about bandwidth.

Say the profile is 20 Mbyte and a 10Mbit/s netwerk.
That will take about 20 seconds,
which is roughly 10000 times the blink of eye.

What I trying to say is that some thing do take time
and performance is mostly in the eye of the beholder.

HTH
St