[Samba] net rpc rights problem with groups

Benjamin.Oeltze at fujitsu-siemens.com Benjamin.Oeltze at fujitsu-siemens.com
Thu Sep 15 13:09:00 GMT 2005

Hello List,

I have tried to grant SeMachineAccountPrivilege to an extra group.
Users in this group should not have Admin rights but they should be able to join workstations to the domain.
My first try was to grant the right to a single user wich is working as expected.

net rpc rights grant "TOPTEST\toptest.r" SeMachineAccountPrivilege -U domainadmin

net rpc rights shows:
hgest3201:~ # net rpc rights list accounts -Udomainadmin
Password:
TOPTEST\toptest.r
SeMachineAccountPrivilege

The user can join workstations to TOPTEST.
But when I create a group named wksadd and grant SeMachineAccountPrivilege to the group the users of this group cant join workstations.

net help rpc rights grant "TOPTEST\wksadd" SeMachineAccountPrivilege -U domainadmin

hgest3201:~ # net rpc rights list accounts -Udomainadmin
Password:
TOPTEST\wksadd
SeMachineAccountPrivilege

Is this a bug ??