[Samba] Unable to change file permissions on samba mount.

derek derekp at soe.ucsc.edu
Wed Sep 14 18:42:37 GMT 2005

Hello,
We share out user home dirs from a a solaris server via samba. On a
windows machine I can change file permissions to files in my samba home
dir. From OS X 10.4.2 all the files are at 700 and chmod does nothing to
them. From the GUI get info just says that I can read and write. The
smb.conf on the sun server has the following entries under the [home]
section:
browseable = no
read only = no
create mode = 0700
directory mode = 0700
wide links = no
hide dot files = yes

any help would be appreciated. I have also bound the mac to the windows
domain and it logs me on and auto connects the samba home dir fine, I
just can't change file permissions.
Thanks,
Derek

--