[Samba] Printers don't stick

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Wed Sep 14 15:04:55 GMT 2005

Hi,

Having a weird problem here.

We've got Sambe 3.0.14a and cups 1.1.23 on a Debian system.  I've run:

cupsaddsmb -U RALPH\\jgoerzen -a -v

Where RALPH is our PDC (and it also the machine I'm running this command
on).  The entire command *appears* to work, but:

 * None of the tdb files in /var/lib/samba, including ntforms.tdb,
   ntprinters.tdb, etc. have their date stamp updated.  (They all still
   show last month, which is when we upgraded to Samba 3).

 * Whenever we have had to shut down (cleanly) the server and reboot,
   on reboot, Samba has completely forgotten about all of our printers.

   I usually have to send SIGHUP to Samba and then rerun cupsaddsmb,
   which normally takes care of things until the next reboot.

Any idea what might be going on here?

Thanks,

-- John