[Samba] Re: Authentication against AD?

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Wed Sep 14 15:05:38 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 14 September 2005 10:21 am, you wrote:
> Could I get an example of the /etc/pam.d/login configuration for use
> with winbind?
>
> Dimitri Yioulos wrote:

> >>If you want to avoid the use of local accounts, you also need to
> >>configure/use winbind and pam+nss_winbind
> >>
> >>-- Rex
> >
> >Rex is right.  You need to configure resolv.conf, nsswitch.conf, and
> >etc/pam.d/login.
> >
> >Dimitri

Jason,

I'll do it, but you really should read Samba-3 by Example.  John H. and
company have done an excellent job of documenting Samba configuration and
use.  It would be better to use the mailing list after that.

That said:

#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     pam_securetty.so
auth    sufficient      pam_winbind.so
auth    sufficient      pam_unix.so use_first_pass
auth       required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
auth       required     pam_nologin.so
account sufficient      pam_winbind.so
account    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
password   required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    optional     pam_console.so

Dimitri