[Samba] Samba 3.14a linking to 2k3AD, utmp issues

Ross McInnes sysrm at stvincent.ac.uk
Wed Sep 14 09:55:52 GMT 2005

Hi the list!

Got an issue with utmp. Ive compiled with utmp, and have got utmp = yes in
smb.conf

But... When I do a w or a who, all I see is the 1st 8 charecters of the
DOMAIN+Username
:/

I know strictly speaking this is an issue with the w/who programs not
showing more than 8 charecters, but since its ment to work with samba, id
thought id ask if anyone else has had this problem and re written the w/who
or another program etc.

I either need it not to display the domain+ (in smb conf I already have
winbind use default domain = yes which works for everything else so far,
just not utmp :/

Any help gratefully received

Ross