[Samba] Problems with samba PDC domain

Joe Anon anonuc777 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 13 22:12:29 GMT 2005

I'm trying out samba for the first time as a PDC for a
Windows domain with XP SP2 clients. After working
through a few kinks I figured out how to add machines
and users to my centeral samba server and get the
machines to join, etc. Eveything seemed to work fine,
but I'm discovering strange bugs with the latest
installed software packages on my XP systems. For
instance, a user can launch Acrobat 6, but Acrobat 7
fails. Also, I can't seem to download anything via
'Internet Explorer', but Firefox works fine --- i.e.
when I hit a pdf file it claims it cannot connect to
reach it (also a security center window launches
asking if I want to cancel, save, or open, but nothing
works). Any ideas? I'm running Samba 3 on a Fedora
system and my clients are XP systems (Service pack 2).

Thanks,
Joe