[Samba] Problem adding printer using MSRPC

Guruswamy Namasivayam (gnamasiv) gnamasiv at cisco.com
Tue Sep 13 06:04:18 GMT 2005

Hi,

When I try to add a printer using APW, the printer gets added
successfully. However, when I try to add a printer using the MS_RPC
addprinter command, the script fails with access denied. Please let me
know if I am doing anything wrong.

Thanks,
Guru.

The addprinter vbscript

dim oMaster, oPrinter

  set oMaster  = CreateObject("PrintMaster.PrintMaster.1")
  set oPrinter = CreateObject("Printer.Printer.1")

  oPrinter.ServerName  = "\\abc.xyz.com"
  oPrinter.PrinterName = "Apple"
  oPrinter.DriverName  = "Apple LaserWriter 8500"
  oPrinter.PortName    = "Samba printer port"
  oPrinter.shareName  = "Apple"
  oPrinter.Location     = "odi-lab"

  oMaster.PrinterAdd(oPrinter)

smb.conf

[global]
idmap uid = 70000-200000
idmap gid = 70000-200000
winbind enum users = no
winbind enum groups = no
winbind cache time = 10
winbind use default domain = yes
printcap name = cups
load printers = yes
printing = cups
cups options = "raw"
force printername = yes
lpq cache time = 0
log file = /local/local1/errorlog/samba.log
max log size = 50
smb ports = 50139
local master = no
domain master = no
preferred master = no
dns proxy = no
template homedir = /local/local1/
template shell = /admin-shell
client schannel = no
printer admin = @printeradmin
addprinter command = /usr/bin/addprinter1.pl
guest account = nobody
map to guest = bad password
workgroup = <workgroup name>
netbios name = <netbios name>