[Samba] Can't fetch domain SID for name: HostName

EMILIO ANTONIO HERRERA TRUJILLO emilanto at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 12 19:28:51 GMT 2005

Hi there!!

I got this message when I run net getlocalsid:

Can't fetch domain SID for name: HostName

I don't understand why?, because I have my ldap and smb services running
well. I ran smbpasswd -w password. What does this message means?

I have almost 10 users (of 550 aprox.) that can't login to the domain
defined in smb.conf. And when I want to create a new one, I got this
message:

User SID already owned by
uid=XXX,ou=Users,dc=domain,dc=com

where XXX was the last one added to the openldap.

Pls help !!!

Saludos

Emilio Herrera
Lima -Perú