[Samba] Samba (I think) embeded into a machine, how to verify? (remote 'smbd -V')

Nathan Vidican nvidican at wmptl.com
Mon Sep 12 18:42:57 GMT 2005

Is there any way to remotely verify the usage or existence of samba vs some
other smb-type server?

We have recently purchased an all-in-one fax/copier/printer/etc machine, and I
have strong suspitions that this thing is just internally running Samba, and
if such is the case it may actually prove us able to remedy some of the
issues we have with it.

The big question then, is how to I get the output of 'smbd -V' remotely from a
'normal' running instance of samba, or is it even possible from an
smb-client's perspective?

--
Nathan Vidican
nvidican at wmptl.com