[Samba] Samba+LDAP+IdealX - Can't add to domain

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Sun Sep 11 19:22:01 GMT 2005

Hello,

I am running Samba 3.0.14a under Debian Sarge with a LDAP backend (OpenLDAP)
following the IdealX guide. I am using smbldap-tools, too.

Everything seems to work fine, except when I try a machine to join the domain:
Windows XP SP2 says it cannot find the user. I have tried joining the domain
with a domain user account and with a domain administrator account, but it does
not work anyway.

BTW, the name of the administrator account is not "manager" but "administrator",
but I changed it everywhere, as stated in the smbldap-tools manual.