[Samba] Re: Samba + OpenLDAP: LDAP server is running but could notrespond to a search request

Ben ben_lai852 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 10 05:00:03 GMT 2005

Have you face the problem that the smbldap-adduser would not declare the new
user as "objectClass=sambaSamAccount".

            I use smbldap-adduser & smbldap-passwd (smbldap-tools-0.9.1-1)
to add new user 'testuser1', and then use "Softerra (TM) LDAP Browser 2.6"
on Window client to browse the LDAP data. I found that the user 'testuser1'
is only declared as objectClass 'top,inetOrgPerson,posixAccount &
shadowAccount', but NOT 'sambaSamAccount'. The error 'no such object' may be
caused by the missing of declaration 'sambaSamAccount'.

"Beast" <beast at i6x.org> ??? news:43225F8D.8090203 at i6x.org ???...
> Steven Truong wrote:
> >
> > If you looked at the log, the second line where BIND dn="", I don't know
if
> > this is correct or an indication that something is missing.
>
> It means bind anonymously, make sure you give suficient raed access for
> anon user.
> What ldap * suffix in smb.conf? try searching from there, ie.
>
> ldapsearch -xLLL -b "dc=sample,dc=com" uid=testuser
>

> > However,
> > net groupmap list
> > [2005/09/09 04:39:30, 0] passdb/pdb_ldap.c:ldapsam_setsamgrent(2763)
> > ldapsam_setsamgrent: LDAP search failed: No such object
> > [2005/09/09 04:39:30, 0]
passdb/pdb_ldap.c:ldapsam_enum_group_mapping(2828)

http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/groupmapping.html