[Samba] Samba 3.0.14 + W2K3 Terminal Services + terminal serverprofiles

Alexander Födisch foedisch at eva.mpg.de
Fri Sep 9 13:27:00 GMT 2005

Paul Gienger schrieb:
>>does samba 3.0.14 supports terminal server profiles?
>>If not, is it planned?
>

> There is no parameter in the backend for the 'Terminal Server Profile Path',
> 'Terminal Server Home Path' or 'Allow Logon to Terminal Server' variables
> you see on the Terminal Server tab of an AD user properties.
>
> Given the vagueness of the question, is that what you're looking for?

we use samba with a ldap backend. we do NOT use roaming profiles for the
users on their workstations.

but I want to use roaming profiles when a user log on on a terminal
server (and then only) because we have three citrix ts in a farm. all
three ts are identical systems with same software etc.
we use loadbalancing between these three ts and the user should have the
same settings of applications regardless on which ts the application is
running.

so you have the possibility to set up the profile path on each terminal
server  server, but this does not work with the special citrix user
"Anonymous" which we're also using.

I hope you can follow me and my mind :)

cheers,
Alex