[Samba] guest user (from session setup) not permitted to access this share

Chris smb23 at realcomputerguy.com
Thu Sep 8 22:34:36 GMT 2005

The Samba logs have many of the subject's lines::

[2005/09/08 15:43:48, 2] smbd/service.c:make_connection_snum(314)
  guest user (from session setup) not permitted to access this share
(EACM)
[2005/09/08 15:43:48, 2] smbd/service.c:make_connection_snum(314)
  guest user (from session setup) not permitted to access this share
(EACM)

This is on a Debian 3.0.14a system. The one with the problems I reported
earlier in these posts:

	can't update msaccess mdb file
	log files created for both the hostname and the IP address?

I ran "grep 'guest user' /var/log/samba/*" and virtually every client
log has many of these entries, with virtually every share, going back
as far as the logs.

Running the same grep command on 4 other PDC's that I have installed
(didn't install this one, just trying to troubleshoot) display exactly
zero instances of such entries.

Help!
What is the "guest user (from session setup)"?

Any ideas why is it trying to access shares from the clients?

What can I provide to help get this problem resolved?

Thank you.

Chris