[Samba] network printer not working

py pyjunk at shaw.ca
Thu Sep 8 02:52:38 GMT 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to setup network printing for my winXP machine using samba.
My hp920c printer is connected to a FreeBSD4.11 box. The printer works
locally and samba can share directory just fine. However, I am getting
the worst possible error -- no error, but nothing gets printed

It seems like samba can recognize the printer just fine. It shows up as
a network printer that is ready(Earlier on I had some access deny error
that went away after adding guest account). When I try to print,
everything seems to go through on the windows side. But nothing happens
at the printer.

I check the printer log file defined in printcap and it's not getting
any new entry.

any idea?