[Samba] smbldap-tools password issue

Fred Blaise chapeaurouge at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 11:05:23 GMT 2005

Hi all

I integrated samba and Open-xchange together. I also posted this on
the OX list, but I guessed I could post here too. Apologies if this is
off-topic.

Everything works fine, except for one password issue:

1. 'smbldap-password username'
--> password is changed. User can logon to samba, and OX. No pb.

2. 'smbldap-usermod -B 1 username'
--> password is changed on samba side only. OX has the previous password.

What is the main difference when the password are being generated for
each methods? Why would that difference be? Are different attributes
being updated?

Thanks a lot for any help, pointers.

Cheers

fred