[Samba] Samba PDC (3.0.14a) with LDAP cannot add machines

Eduard Witteveen samba at nergens.org
Wed Sep 7 07:43:10 GMT 2005

Jan Evert van Grootheest wrote:

>Hi,
>

>I am setting up a Samba PDC which uses LDAP for account information.
>

>It is a debian installation with samba 3.0.14a and slapd 2.2.23 (I'm
>also using ldap-account-manager, but I don't think that has anything to
>do with this).

Jan,

I also ran into maybe similar problems, which i couldnt solve on ubuntu(debian). The problem for me is that when the script is executed on the command line/ '/usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w //"eduard-laptop$"'/ the following enviourment varaibles are set:

	UID=0
	USER=root

When the script is run by samba, the enviourment settings are:
	UID=65534
	USER=root

Notice that the UID of 65534 should be 0 AFAIK. I determined this by using the following setting in the smb.conf:
	'set /> /tmp/user.txt; /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w "%u"'

(http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2005-August/109759.html)

I dont know if we have the same problem, but to me it almost looks the same.

I dont have a sollution for this problem.
/

--
Eduard Witteveen
+31 (0)6 414 789 23