[Samba] ACL and user list on windows XP

Jérôme Deliège jerome.deliege at sgsi.ucl.ac.be
Wed Sep 7 07:32:32 GMT 2005

Hi,

I try to setup a simple file sharing with some ACL for a group of users.
My Samba 3.0.14 server is running on Fedora Core 4 using pam_ldap.
User authentication works correctly with ldap and my nsswitch is
correctly configured to use the ldap as "extended list" of users and groups.
For exemple, when I type getent passwd or group, I have the complete
list of system users and ldap users.

Here is my problem :
Why I try to change ACL  for a file the Security tab on Windows, I can't
list any users (system or ldap).
Windows asks for a login/password when I click on "Search" and doesn't
return anything but local accounts.
However, I think my SID are correctly setup in my ldap because the owner
of the file is correctly resolved.

I don't know if the problem is Windows or Samba or Linux related, if
someone could put me on a track, any help is appreciated

Thanks

Here is my smb.conf

[global]
        workgroup = DOMAINNAME
        os level = 65
        passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://ldap.****.be
        passwd chat debug = Yes
        nt acl support = yes
        log level = 2
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        ldap admin dn = "****"
        ldap suffix = ****"
        ldap ssl = no
        ldap user suffix = "*****"
        load printers = no

Deliège Jérôme
Service Général du Système d'Information
Université Catholique de Louvain
Av. Mounier 50 (72.04)
B-1200 BRUXELLES
Tél   : 32-2-7647264