[Samba] Samba Over A Wan

Mike McMullen mlm at loanprocessing.net
Tue Sep 6 17:59:17 GMT 2005

Hi All,

I have a customer that I need to give access to one of our servers over a WAN.
Their box is running some windows server version and they use terminal services
to let their employees access their applications.

We use Samba in or local office environment where it works quite well. I need
to know the following:

1) Will Samba work over the internet?

2) Can Samba connections be encrypted or do I need to look at
    something like OpenVPN to provide that?

3) Can I restrict connections over the internet to a single IP address?

4) Anything else I should be aware of?

TIA,

Mike