[Samba] strange problem with Active directory integration

Markus Feilner lists at feilner-it.net
Tue Sep 6 16:16:15 GMT 2005

Am Dienstag, 6. September 2005 17:14 schrieb Chris:
> On Monday 05 September 2005 03:20 am, Markus Feilner wrote:
> > This has been working fine.
> > This morning the system was rebooted and new memory has been added.
>
> Maybe it was the reboot and not the new memory? Take the new memory out
> to verify.
Well... in fact it was the reboot of the windows box three days earlier...!!!
During the weekend nobody had noticed that, perhaps the cache of the samba
system helped, but on Monday morning after rebooting the linux system squid
would not let anybody have access to the web.
On the ADS Server, the local Administrator had installed Service Pack 4 and
some bugfixes on friday. One of them, KB899587
[http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS05-042.mspx]
(thank you, Leen!) provides an update of kerberos services which keeps older
samba versions from work.
I updated to samba 3.0.20 and everything works fine now.
(before that we had tried: take out the memory, reboot linux, reboot windows,

thank you all!
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Markus Feilner

Feilner IT Linux & GIS
Linux Solutions, Training, Seminare und Workshops - auch Inhouse
Beraiterweg 4 93047 Regensburg
fon +49 941 9465243 fax +49 941 9465244 mobil + +49 170 3027092
skype ID: mfeilner mail: mfeilner at feilner-it.net