[Samba] completed printjobs stay in queue after "upgrade" 3.0.20rc2 -> 3.0.20

Brecht Samyn brecht.samyn at kulak.ac.be
Tue Sep 6 15:47:32 GMT 2005

A few weeks ago, I upgraded Samba 3.0.1x to 3.0.14a . After the upgrade,
all completed printjobs on all 40 printers stayed in samba's print queue
(they were removed from the unix-printqueue). When I installed
3.0.20rc2, everything back to normal.

But since the upgrade this weekend to 3.0.20, the same thing happens
again: no jobs were removed from the samba printerqueue's.

Removing the .tdb files clears the queue, but doesn't solve the problem...

Any hints?

brecht

A sample printer definition from smb.conf. We use lprng to spool the
jobs to our lprng printserver.

[poco]
        comment = Kleurprinter
        path=/var/spool/lp/samba
        printable = yes
        browseable = yes
        writeable = no
        create mode = 0700
        printing = lprng
        print command = /usr/bin/lpr -r -P%p at linus -J '%J' %s
        lpq command = /usr/bin/lpq -P%p at linus
        lprm command = /usr/bin/lprm -P%p at linus %j
        lppause command = /usr/sbin/lpc -P%p at linus hold printer %j
        lpresume command = /usr/sbin/lpc -P%p at linus release printer %j

--
Brecht Samyn,      Systeemgroep
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven Campus Kortrijk (KULAK)