[Samba] Help - Serious samba problem with Excel

John Mazza maz at maznets.com
Tue Sep 6 05:11:16 GMT 2005

Jamie,

Try adding a "force user = <some_unix_user>" line to the share. Also try a
"force group = <some_unix_group>" as well.  I've had to do this with MS
Office apps before... they try to take ownership and mess things up pretty
badly.  Also try turning off oplocks as well.

Once you add those lines, also make sure to "chown" all the affected files
to the appropriate Unix user/group as well.

Hope it helps!!!