[Samba] Function "User cannot change Password"

Dirk.Laurenz at fujitsu-siemens.com Dirk.Laurenz at fujitsu-siemens.com
Mon Sep 5 14:15:15 GMT 2005

Email:	mailto:dirk.laurenz at fujitsu-siemens.com

-|  From: Matthias Spork [mailto:hallo at matthiasspork.de]
-|  Sent: Monday, September 05, 2005 3:36 PM
-|  To: Gerald (Jerry) Carter
-|  Cc: Laurenz, Dirk; samba at lists.samba.org; Lutz, Mathias;
-|  Oeltze, Benjamin; samba-technical at lists.samba.org
-|  Subject: Re: [Samba] Function "User cannot change Password"
-|  Hello,
-|
-|  Gerald (Jerry) Carter schrieb:
-|  > Hash: SHA1
-|  >
-|  > Dirk.Laurenz at fujitsu-siemens.com wrote:
-|  > | Hello list,
-|  > |
-|  > | i found out, the the function "User cannot change
-|  > | password" of the UserManager is not yet implemented.
-|  > |
-|  > | Here's the log:
-|  > |       _samr_set_sec_obj: Not yet implemented!
-|  > |
-|  > | Here's the samba version:
-|  > | hgest3201:/samba/aadmt00/conf/log # smbd -V
-|  > | Version 3.0.14a-SerNet-SuSE
-|  > |
-|  > | When will this feature be released?
-|  >
-|  > Probably not for a while.  We don't currently store
-|  > security descriptors on a per user or group basis.
-|  > I don't really have plans to at the moment (although
-|  > there would be some advantages to doing so).
-|
-|  You can use this feature by setting "sambaPwdCanChange" in
-|  LDAP to a day
-|  in the future.
-|
-|   >Timestamp of when the user is allowed to update the password<
-|
-|  matze
-|