[Samba] Help...!

John Mazza maz at maznets.com
Mon Sep 5 06:18:58 GMT 2005

Anri,

The "clock skew" issue means that your machine's time is set incorrectly.
This issue is easily corrected by running Network Time Protocol (ntpd).
Edit your /etc/ntpd.conf file, and set the time server to be your existing
Win2K box's IP address.  See "man ntpd.conf" for info on the syntax of the file.

A "quick fix" that you can try is run the "ntptime" command to do a one-shot
time synchronization.  Use "ntptime [Win2K IP]".  Note that any clock drift
on the two hosts will eventually cause the time to get out of sync, so you will
be better served using a normal NTP daemon instead over the long term.

I would further tweak the ISA server and create a rule allowing unauthenticated
transparent access for the SAMBA machine's IP address to the outside for the
protocols of interest to you.  This may not be required once the clock skew
issue is resolved.