[Samba] Re: Samba net rpc group add NT_STATUS _ACCESS_DENIED

Thomas Wild tw at adog.de
Fri Sep 2 22:30:23 GMT 2005

Hi Zdenek,

may I ask you if you get any response concerning the problem? I've got
the same behaviour. My environment is

samba-3.0.20
openldap-2.2.26
Linux 2.6.5-7

I'm sure that the admin dn has write permissions, and the passwords are
correctly set.

if I running a command like yours I get the same result, but only for
groups. But if I switch from LDAP (ldapsam) to tdb-files (tdbsam) it
works fine. Paradoxically adding users works fine in all cases!

root at balu-bash(1:140)# net rpc group add anygroup
Password:
add group failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

Any suggestion would be nice.

- Thomas

--
                  Les Templiers sont parmi nous