[Samba] Samba compile on AIX with LDAP

Richard E. Tibbetts rtibbetts at lanl.gov
Fri Sep 2 19:34:22 GMT 2005

At 01:00 PM 9/2/2005, Richard E. Tibbetts wrote:
>All;
>I'm getting tangled up in this one.
>
>I have an AIX 5.2 server, with LDAP installed, and running (as a client).
>I need to compile ADS into Samba, thus, I need LDAP compiled in.
>
>First efforts, it didn't find ldap.h.
>So I linked /usr/ldap/include/ldap.h to /usr/include
>
>Now, it complains that libldap doesn't esist (it's in /usr/lib).
>
>What am I missing here?
>Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>-Ric

Some extra info. Here is the error I get from configure when I try to
build Samba with ADS / LDAP support:

checking for LDAP support... auto
checking ldap.h usability... yes
checking ldap.h presence... yes
checking for ldap.h... yes
checking lber.h usability... yes
checking lber.h presence... yes
checking for lber.h... yes
checking for ber_scanf in -llber... no
checking for ldap_init in -lldap... yes
checking for ldap_domain2hostlist... no
checking for ldap_set_rebind_proc... yes
checking whether ldap_set_rebind_proc takes 3 arguments... 2
checking for ldap_initialize... no
configure: WARNING: libldap is needed for LDAP support
checking for Active Directory and krb5 support... yes
configure: error: Active Directory Support requires LDAP support

Any help is, of course, greatly appreciated.

-Ric