Re-2: [Samba]SOLVED - idmap_rid / roaming profile permissions /NTAUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Stefanos Karasavvidis sk at isc.tuc.gr
Thu Sep 1 09:52:29 GMT 2005

because the same samba fileserver will also have the home directories
for linux users!

According to the smb.conf man pages, the value auto will corretcly apply
case insensitivity for windows users, and case sensitive for the linux
users.

Of course I don't know what will happen if a linux user creates two
files with the same name and different case, and then logs in from a
windows workstation??!!

Stefanos