[Samba] Problems with the valid users setting in smb.confandwinbind/AD (repost) [SOLVED]

Ross McInnes sysrm at stvincent.ac.uk
Thu Sep 1 09:44:41 GMT 2005

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ok im not specifing the domain/seperator, but then I have

        winbind separator = +
        winbind use default domain = yes

In my smb conf and didn't think to use it.

Just tried it and yes its fixed it :)

Thanks very much Stefan, don't know why I didn't even think of trying that.
Guess im too used to samba without the AD stuff :)

Any chance this can be put in the docs somewhere? :) or a note in the
default smb.conf (and if it is already I appologise :( )

Cheers

Ross