[Samba] LDAP Samba BDC

Andreas ahasenack at terra.com.br
Mon Oct 31 11:00:30 GMT 2005

On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 07:06:10AM +0100, robert.walland at r-kb.si wrote:
> I was wondering if a Samba BDC should be able to create users and computer
> accounts when connecting to a LDAP PDC server? Should the add scripT lines
> be included in a BDC's smb.conf file?

I'm also not so sure. Samba knows how to deal with a ldap slave server,
so it would just follow the referrals to the master. I'm also assuming
that when adding a computer account to the domain (like net rpc join),
the client would be looking for the domain master browser netbios
resource, which only the pdc has. But I haven't tested any of this.

> Normally, as far I know, BDC should just log on users. Or am I wrong?

It can also serve files and share printers as usual, but on large
networks people tend to let it only serve logons to minimize logon
delay.