[Samba] Fax modems and Samba

David Maier dave at bardacious.com
Sat Oct 29 07:56:31 GMT 2005

I am running an FC 2 server with Samba 3.0.10.  It is serving files and
is PDC for several WinXp workstations.  There is now a demand to be able
to fax from the WinXP workstations, and I'm trying to figure the best
way to set up a modem pool on the server and make them available to the
workstations.  Is that best handled as some kind of resource share
through Samba?  How would that be configured?  I haven't found any
documentation about that.

If not Samba, is there another Linux program that would make server
modems available to WinXP workstations?

Thanks for your help.

Dave Maier