[Samba] Unicode, ASCII, and Samba3 ...

Julien Ailhaud ailhaud.julien at agora.msa.fr
Wed Oct 26 14:57:56 GMT 2005

Problem summary :
Files created with samba2 are now unreadable with samba3. I tested all
possible settings in samba, rebuild it with libiconv, already posted here
without reply ... without success.

Today I analyzed the traffic between my station and the server, and I found an
interresting thing :

With both version, filenames are transmited in ascii
    code  130 gives "é"
    code  135 gives "ç"
    code  151 gives "ù"

But ...

In packets exchanged  by my Samba2 server and the stastion, the flag "unicode
strings" is set to Zero ( --> ASCII )

In packets exchanged  by my Samba3 server and the stastion, the flag "unicode
strings" is set to One ( --> UNICODE )

I think that the problem is here, but I can't find how to change it, forcing
my Samba to use ASCII there.

Any  Idea ??

Thanks.

Ce message est protégé par les règles relatives au secret des correspondances. Il est donc établi à destination exclusive de son destinataire. Celui-ci peut donc contenir des informations confidentielles. La divulgation de ces informations est à ce titre rigoureusement interdite. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, merci de le renvoyer à l'expéditeur dont l'adresse e-mail figure ci-dessus et de détruire le message ainsi que toute pièce jointe.

This message is protected by the secrecy of correspondence rules. Therefore, this message is intended solely for the attention of the addressee. This message may contain privileged or confidential information, as such the disclosure of these informations is strictly forbidden. If, by mistake, you have received this message, please return this message to the addressser whose e-mail address is written above and destroy this message and all files attached.